Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
How is this program different from other school behavior programs?
- The program is focused on acknowledging students for demonstrating positive behavior.
- Teachers are acknowledged for noticing positive student behavior.
- Routines and language with respect to appropriate school behavior are consistent throughout the school.
View our PBIS guidelines
The following are our school rules, known as Tuffy's Terrific Three R's
- Classroom: Use positive language when responding to others
- Lunch/Recess: Use kind words and include others in play or conversation.
- Home: Follow directions the first time without argument
- Community: Be a kind and helpful neighbor.
- Classroom: Do your school work and turn it in.
- Lunch/Recess: Clear your table in the cafeteria and return all playground equipment.
- Home: Help with housework.
- Communty: Keep the neighborhood clean.
Be Ready to Learn
- Classroom: Have school supplies needed at the start of each class.
- Lunch/Recess: Be prepared to listen to a change in directions
- Home: Get your backpack ready for school the night before.
- Community: Know safety rules.