New Student Registration & Kindergarten Registration

Tue, 03/02/2021 - 1:34pm

To register a new student, click here to start the online registration process. Do not attempt to register online using a cell phone.  It is recommended that you work on a laptop or desktop to complete registration. . 

Kindergarten enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year opens on March 6.  Children must be 5 years old by September 1 in order to enroll in kindergarten. Every child who is 5 years old by September 1 must be enrolled in a kindergarten program or have an approved waiver. HCPSS kindergarten is a full day program..

Note: Parents/guardians without access to a computer should contact the HES front office at 410-880-5890 or email Lisa Castaneda at for assistance in completing the registration form.

  • Parents or guardians are to register students at the school serving the address where the child’s parent or guardian resides.  Information on neighborhood schools can be found through HCPSS School Locator (links to an external site) .
  • Complete your child’s registration online by providing the documents listed below.  The registration process will be more efficient if you upload the required documents during online registration. Otherwise, you will be asked to submit the required documents via email as pdfs. The following documents are needed for registration and should be submitted during the online registration process:

+ Child’s evidence of birth (i.e.: birth certificate, baptismal certificate)

+ An authorized record of immunizations

+ Proof of residency in the form of your entire signed lease/deed including signature pages.

+ Current utility bill with your name and address that has been issued within the last 45 days. (cellular device bills not accepted)

+ Photo ID of parent/guardian


Health Forms - These forms should be completed by your child's pediatrician and dentist and emailed to our Health Room prior to the first day of school or as soon as your child has their 5 year check-up.  If you have questions, please email our Health Room staff Melissa Rozgonyi  (


Additional Documents to bring if applicable to your child:

  • Proof of custody- only if there is information the school must adhere to during school hours. (full document including the signature pages)
  • Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for Special Education Services
  • 504 plan 
  • Psychological report or related services reports/plans
  • English Language Learner (ELL) plans or previous assessments